1–25 of 58 items | Next »
Buscan dar seguridad a niños de Chicago ante el ‘Efecto Trump’
- Belhú Sanabria, Dec 7, 2016
- "Educan a padres de una escuela en Avondale/Logan Square para que conozcan sus derechos y fomenten la seguridad de los niños frente a políticas y actitudes antiinmigrantes"
Chicago students heading home from Standing Rock
- Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog, Oct 10, 2016
- "There were lots of hugs, gift giving and a few tears as we said goodbye to Standing Rock and our hosts at the Lower Brule camp. LSNA students had a better night's sleep because the weather warmed…
Dual language programs to expand, but fears over money linger
- Kalyn Belsha, Jul 7, 2016
- "Leticia Barrera, a Logan Square Neighborhood Association education organizer, says parents from nine area schools worked for two years, surveying other parents about their interest in dual language…
Gentrification how it's affecting residents in Logan Square
- WGN-TV Community, Jun 8, 2016
- ADELANTE-Gentrification how it`s affecting residents in Logan Square
Journey of the Rockets (LSNA)
- Jun 7, 2016
- We would like to share with you this video of the LSNA programs that take place in after school at McAuliffe Elementary School.
The 606 trail, a study in contrasts, celebrates its first birthday
- Leonor Vivanco, Jun 7, 2016
- "We're at a point where we've lost families, but we don't want to keep losing any more. So I think if we stabilize the amount of property taxes or rent prices to keep everyone where they are right…
Hundreds March on The 606 Over Gentrification
- Paul Biasco, May 18, 2016
- Hundreds of people marched along The 606 Tuesday night in a protest against gentrification.
The march was organized to draw attention to the rising cost of living along the relatively new trail,…
Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally.
- Kim Scipes, Apr 3, 2016
- 'Get up, get down, Chicago is a union town!'...Logan Square backs CTU in April 1 events... Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally...
Compañías encuentran tácticas para evadir vivienda asequible
- Adriana Cardona Maguigad, Feb 17, 2016
- Además de construir proyectos residenciales extremadamente costosos, algunas compañías podrían estar evadiendo aspectos importantes de la Ordenanza de Requisitos…
Lessons in learning Tackling educational challenges around the world
- Liz Mineo, Harvard Staff Writer, Feb 1, 2016
- "The example of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association could teach people in Iraq how to increase community engagement and reduce school segregation along ethnic or religious lines."
'We're Strangers in Our Own Land': Protesters Decry Humboldt Park Mansions
- Evan F. Moore, Jan 30, 2016
- "Our taxes are going up and our paychecks are staying the same," said Juan Media, who's lived in Humboldt Park for 30 years. "We will be forced to sell if we haven't been already. My neighbors that…
Protest Against Logan Square Gentrification
- Dec 17, 2015
- Youth join with Grassroots Illinois Action to speak out against proposed Logan Square development along The 606 trail that could displace longtime residents. This program was recorded by Chicago…
'We've Been Pushed Out,' Logan Square Teens Protest Gentrification
- Joe Ward, Dec 16, 2015
- "We've been pushed out of our neighborhoods," said Eduardo Cordero, 16."Do you think these buildings are meant for people who've lived here for a long time?"
Piden un alto a los desplazamientos en el vecindario de Logan Square
- Dec 16, 2015
- "Members of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association said they are meeting with Ald. Proco Joe Moreno (1st) to discuss ways to keep longtime area residents in Logan Square".
Meet "Generation All" Steering Committee Member and Intern, Jesus Velazquez
- Jesus Velazquez -Generation All Newsletter, Sep 28, 2015
- "After learning about the school to prison pipeline from my LSNA and V.O.Y.C.E experiences, I realized that there was a system that had pushed a lot of my friends out of school, and I was almost…
White House recognizes LSNA's comprehensive education programs as a national "Bright Spot" in educational excellence for Hispanics.
- LSNA Press Release, Sep 16, 2015
- The Bright Spots catalog features over 230 programs, models, organizations and initiatives that are supporting and investing in the educational attainment of Hispanics.
At Kelvyn Park High School, it's back to school with fewer teachers
- Brandis Friedman/Chicago Tonight, Sep 8, 2015
- Hundreds of thousands of Chicago Public Schools students on Tuesday returned to the classroom amid massive financial woes for the district: an expired teacher contract and a $480 million budget hole .
Beachwood Reporter: Cuts to Kelvyn Park High School
- By Steve Rhodes/Beachwood Reporter, Sep 8, 2015
- "We have no college counselor," Sherilyn Flores, a 17-year-old senior, said outside the Hermosa neighborhood high school. "I'm more worried about college this year than any other senior would be."
Save Kelvyn Park High School
- Fred Klonsky/Blog, Sep 8, 2015
- Logan Square Neighborhood Association Press Conference on the first day of school 2015, Kelvyn Park High School.
CPS budget cuts hit special education students
- Becky Vevea - WBEZ, Jul 29, 2015
- "...the district has kept pretty quiet about how it’s going about making changes to how special education is delivered."
Protesters Demand CPS, Mayor Halt Cuts, Ask 'Rich to Pay Their Fair Share'
- DNAInfo/Paul Biasco, Jul 28, 2015
- “Our school budgets are getting chopped at the same time families are struggling to stay in their community," said Jennifer Velazquez, a Kelvyn Park High School graduate and local school…
LSNA Addresses 606 Gentrification Fears
- Alex V Hernandez - EXtra, May 20, 2015
- “I live eight houses away from the elevated train track where the 606 will be, and I’m already starting to see some changes. It’s going to attract a lot of people, so how can I be a…
Logan Square's 53rd Annual Community Congress is Set for Saturday
- Darryl Holliday - DNAinfo Chicago, May 15, 2015
- Cook County Assessor Joe Berrios and recently elected Cook County Commissioner Luis Arroyo, Jr. will be on hand to lead a discussion on how to stabilize the neighborhood around the Bloomingdale Trail…
Different Drummers: Teens Talk Immigration
- Tisha Mason - GCBM Ministries CBS Channel 2, Apr 2, 2015
- Hear from teen leaders: Jesus Velazquez (Kelvyn Park High School/LSNA leader/JFON volunteer ), Fhernanda Avila (JFON volunteer), and Jonathan Guerra (Humboldt Park United Methodist Church member).
- New Communities, Feb 17, 2015
- Thank you to #LSNA #YouthLeaders for your work with @VOYCE to create fairer school discipline standards in Illinois. Call and ask your State Senator to support SB100.
1–25 of 58 items | Next »