1–25 of 91 items | Next »
Buscan dar seguridad a niños de Chicago ante el ‘Efecto Trump’
- Belhú Sanabria, Dec 7, 2016
- "Educan a padres de una escuela en Avondale/Logan Square para que conozcan sus derechos y fomenten la seguridad de los niños frente a políticas y actitudes antiinmigrantes"
Chicago students heading home from Standing Rock
- Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog, Oct 10, 2016
- "There were lots of hugs, gift giving and a few tears as we said goodbye to Standing Rock and our hosts at the Lower Brule camp. LSNA students had a better night's sleep because the weather warmed…
CPS says schools will remain open if teachers walk out
- Juan Perez Jr. and Grace WongContact Reporters, Oct 5, 2016
- "Enough of blaming our teachers, enough of making our children's education a political game" said Ana Centeno, a CPS parent and member of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association."
¿Qué pasará si hay huelga de maestros en Chicago?
- Por TELEMUNDO CHICAGO, Oct 4, 2016
- Ana Centeno y Leticia Barrera llegaron a mostrar solidaridad con los maestros de las es cuelas públicas de Chicago, recaudando firmas para exigir una negociación ahora.
Parent Power: Community Organizing as a Parent Engagement Strategy
- Edgar Villanueva, Vice President of Programs & Advocacy, Jul 19, 2016
- Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Chicago
In 1995, the Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) in Chicago developed a program in conjunction with principals and teachers to engage…
Dual language programs to expand, but fears over money linger
- Kalyn Belsha, Jul 7, 2016
- "Leticia Barrera, a Logan Square Neighborhood Association education organizer, says parents from nine area schools worked for two years, surveying other parents about their interest in dual language…
Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
- Pablo César Soto,, Jun 11, 2016
- Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
Más de 600 padres de graduaron el día de hoy del programa Padres Mentores y le exigen a los legisladores que los hagan…
Journey of the Rockets (LSNA)
- Jun 7, 2016
- We would like to share with you this video of the LSNA programs that take place in after school at McAuliffe Elementary School.
Marching against gentrification, Pell grants for dual enrollment, being black at elite high schools, principals’ group election
- Catalyst Chicago, May 20, 2016
- Hundreds marched on Tuesday to protest gentrification in Logan Square along the 606 trail, which they say is contributing to declines in neighborhood school enrollment. "I'm a parent against…
Hundreds March on The 606 Over Gentrification
- Paul Biasco, May 18, 2016
- Hundreds of people marched along The 606 Tuesday night in a protest against gentrification.
The march was organized to draw attention to the rising cost of living along the relatively new trail,…
Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally.
- Kim Scipes, Apr 3, 2016
- 'Get up, get down, Chicago is a union town!'...Logan Square backs CTU in April 1 events... Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally...
CTU President Addresses Parent Mentor Convention
- Ashmar Mandou, Mar 10, 2016
- Union President Karen Lewis who said, “parent mentors your daily work in the classrooms is very valuable” …
Lewis to CPS parents: April 1 CTU action ‘like an extra holiday’
- Lauren FitzPatrick, Mar 7, 2016
- “We are all being held hostage by a governor who doesn’t want to work for us,” Lewis told the crowd at the Logan Square Neighborhood Association’s Parent Mentor celebration…
Lessons in learning Tackling educational challenges around the world
- Liz Mineo, Harvard Staff Writer, Feb 1, 2016
- "The example of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association could teach people in Iraq how to increase community engagement and reduce school segregation along ethnic or religious lines."
ONXRT Vol 17 Benefits Parent Mentors – Learn More!
- Mary Dixon, Jan 19, 2016
- "They build stronger communities inside and outside of those schools."
Logan Square Moms Build Dia de los Muertos Altars to Protest Budget Cuts
- By Paul Biasco, Oct 31, 2015
- A group of angry Logan Square moms took their message of state legislators this week in the form of Dia de los Muertos altars.
Madres "muertas de la ira" por recortes presupuestales
- Crédito: Brightcove, Oct 29, 2015
- Un grupo de madres de familia de Logan Square organizó el "día de los muertos de la ira", visitando a representantes estatales de Illinois, con un altar que muestra los difuntos…
City Colleges consolidation stirs concern about enrollment in child development programs
- Kalyn Belsha, Oct 6, 2015
- Early childhood education piqued Jaqueline Espinal’s interest when her daughter started preschool at Darwin Elementary in Logan Square. She first pitched in as a volunteer, then became a parent…
Colleges team up to help early childhood workers get degrees
- Kalyn Belsha, Sep 30, 2015
- “It’s about making sure our bilingual-bicultural teachers, current and future, get the professional development and support they need,” says Lucy Gomez-Feliciano, who oversees the…
Meet "Generation All" Steering Committee Member and Intern, Jesus Velazquez
- Jesus Velazquez -Generation All Newsletter, Sep 28, 2015
- "After learning about the school to prison pipeline from my LSNA and V.O.Y.C.E experiences, I realized that there was a system that had pushed a lot of my friends out of school, and I was almost…
West Side parents aid teachers, learn skills in expanding program
- Ryan Quinn, Education Reporter, Sep 27, 2015
- Trained by LSNA's Parent Engagement Institute: Parent Mentor program starts its 2nd year in Charleston,West Virginia, sponsored by HOPE Community Development Corporation and West Virginia Healthy…
White House recognizes LSNA's comprehensive education programs as a national "Bright Spot" in educational excellence for Hispanics.
- LSNA Press Release, Sep 16, 2015
- The Bright Spots catalog features over 230 programs, models, organizations and initiatives that are supporting and investing in the educational attainment of Hispanics.
Lack of Budget Is Dismantling Critical State Services
- Lisa Christensen Gee, Sep 15, 2015
- To prevent further damage to children, families, and communities, lawmakers and the governor need to take responsibility for funding our state’s priorities by restoring the revenue we need to…
At Kelvyn Park High School, it's back to school with fewer teachers
- Brandis Friedman/Chicago Tonight, Sep 8, 2015
- Hundreds of thousands of Chicago Public Schools students on Tuesday returned to the classroom amid massive financial woes for the district: an expired teacher contract and a $480 million budget hole .
Beachwood Reporter: Cuts to Kelvyn Park High School
- By Steve Rhodes/Beachwood Reporter, Sep 8, 2015
- "We have no college counselor," Sherilyn Flores, a 17-year-old senior, said outside the Hermosa neighborhood high school. "I'm more worried about college this year than any other senior would be."
1–25 of 91 items | Next »