1–25 of 97 items | Next »
Nueve escuelas públicas de Chicago se declaran santuario para inmigrantes
- Belhú Sanabria, Mar 22, 2017
- "Miembros de la Asociación de Vecindarios de Logan Square (LSNA) junto a funcionarios públicos electos, directores y padres de estudiantes se dieron cita afuera de la primaria Frederick…
Workshops help teachers cope with students’ immigration fears
- Andrea Salcedo, Mar 19, 2017
- “We noticed there was a huge amount of anxiety permeating schools,” said Bridget Murphy, of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association. “How do you concentrate in school if…
Duckworth Touts Public Education, College Affordability at Parent Mentor Conference in Chicago
- Foreign Affairs Publisher, Mar 18, 2017
- “I’m a strong proponent of public education because I’m a product of public education,” said Senator Duckworth. “It’s crucial that every child gets the attention…
Escuelas en Logan Square anuncian que se convertirán en santuario para inmigrantes
- TELEMUNDO CHICAGO, Feb 17, 2017
- "Las escuelas ofrecerán talleres informativos para padres y también para maestros."
Logan Square Schools Are Now 'Sanctuary Zones,' Declares Neighborhood Group
- Mina Bloom, Feb 17, 2017
- “We want to show our students that they are not alone. You are more than a status; you are a human.”
THE IMPACT OF CHICAGO PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL CLOSINGS AND OPENINGS SINCE 1995
- Misuzu Schexnider, Feb 6, 2017
- "Kelvyn Park’s buy in rate has dropped continuously since 2008. Negative perceptions in the community, administrative instability and the opening of alternative options have all contributed…
Buscan dar seguridad a niños de Chicago ante el ‘Efecto Trump’
- Belhú Sanabria, Dec 7, 2016
- "Educan a padres de una escuela en Avondale/Logan Square para que conozcan sus derechos y fomenten la seguridad de los niños frente a políticas y actitudes antiinmigrantes"
Chicago students heading home from Standing Rock
- Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog, Oct 10, 2016
- "There were lots of hugs, gift giving and a few tears as we said goodbye to Standing Rock and our hosts at the Lower Brule camp. LSNA students had a better night's sleep because the weather warmed…
CPS says schools will remain open if teachers walk out
- Juan Perez Jr. and Grace WongContact Reporters, Oct 5, 2016
- "Enough of blaming our teachers, enough of making our children's education a political game" said Ana Centeno, a CPS parent and member of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association."
¿Qué pasará si hay huelga de maestros en Chicago?
- Por TELEMUNDO CHICAGO, Oct 4, 2016
- Ana Centeno y Leticia Barrera llegaron a mostrar solidaridad con los maestros de las es cuelas públicas de Chicago, recaudando firmas para exigir una negociación ahora.
Parent Power: Community Organizing as a Parent Engagement Strategy
- Edgar Villanueva, Vice President of Programs & Advocacy, Jul 19, 2016
- Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Chicago
In 1995, the Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) in Chicago developed a program in conjunction with principals and teachers to engage…
Dual language programs to expand, but fears over money linger
- Kalyn Belsha, Jul 7, 2016
- "Leticia Barrera, a Logan Square Neighborhood Association education organizer, says parents from nine area schools worked for two years, surveying other parents about their interest in dual language…
Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
- Pablo César Soto,, Jun 11, 2016
- Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
Más de 600 padres de graduaron el día de hoy del programa Padres Mentores y le exigen a los legisladores que los hagan…
Journey of the Rockets (LSNA)
- Jun 7, 2016
- We would like to share with you this video of the LSNA programs that take place in after school at McAuliffe Elementary School.
Marching against gentrification, Pell grants for dual enrollment, being black at elite high schools, principals’ group election
- Catalyst Chicago, May 20, 2016
- Hundreds marched on Tuesday to protest gentrification in Logan Square along the 606 trail, which they say is contributing to declines in neighborhood school enrollment. "I'm a parent against…
Hundreds March on The 606 Over Gentrification
- Paul Biasco, May 18, 2016
- Hundreds of people marched along The 606 Tuesday night in a protest against gentrification.
The march was organized to draw attention to the rising cost of living along the relatively new trail,…
Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally.
- Kim Scipes, Apr 3, 2016
- 'Get up, get down, Chicago is a union town!'...Logan Square backs CTU in April 1 events... Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally...
CTU President Addresses Parent Mentor Convention
- Ashmar Mandou, Mar 10, 2016
- Union President Karen Lewis who said, “parent mentors your daily work in the classrooms is very valuable” …
Lewis to CPS parents: April 1 CTU action ‘like an extra holiday’
- Lauren FitzPatrick, Mar 7, 2016
- “We are all being held hostage by a governor who doesn’t want to work for us,” Lewis told the crowd at the Logan Square Neighborhood Association’s Parent Mentor celebration…
Lessons in learning Tackling educational challenges around the world
- Liz Mineo, Harvard Staff Writer, Feb 1, 2016
- "The example of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association could teach people in Iraq how to increase community engagement and reduce school segregation along ethnic or religious lines."
ONXRT Vol 17 Benefits Parent Mentors – Learn More!
- Mary Dixon, Jan 19, 2016
- "They build stronger communities inside and outside of those schools."
Logan Square Moms Build Dia de los Muertos Altars to Protest Budget Cuts
- By Paul Biasco, Oct 31, 2015
- A group of angry Logan Square moms took their message of state legislators this week in the form of Dia de los Muertos altars.
Madres "muertas de la ira" por recortes presupuestales
- Crédito: Brightcove, Oct 29, 2015
- Un grupo de madres de familia de Logan Square organizó el "día de los muertos de la ira", visitando a representantes estatales de Illinois, con un altar que muestra los difuntos…
City Colleges consolidation stirs concern about enrollment in child development programs
- Kalyn Belsha, Oct 6, 2015
- Early childhood education piqued Jaqueline Espinal’s interest when her daughter started preschool at Darwin Elementary in Logan Square. She first pitched in as a volunteer, then became a parent…
Colleges team up to help early childhood workers get degrees
- Kalyn Belsha, Sep 30, 2015
- “It’s about making sure our bilingual-bicultural teachers, current and future, get the professional development and support they need,” says Lucy Gomez-Feliciano, who oversees the…
1–25 of 97 items | Next »