1–25 of 205 items | Next »
Nueve escuelas públicas de Chicago se declaran santuario para inmigrantes
- Belhú Sanabria, Mar 22, 2017
- "Miembros de la Asociación de Vecindarios de Logan Square (LSNA) junto a funcionarios públicos electos, directores y padres de estudiantes se dieron cita afuera de la primaria Frederick…
Workshops help teachers cope with students’ immigration fears
- Andrea Salcedo, Mar 19, 2017
- “We noticed there was a huge amount of anxiety permeating schools,” said Bridget Murphy, of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association. “How do you concentrate in school if…
Duckworth Touts Public Education, College Affordability at Parent Mentor Conference in Chicago
- Foreign Affairs Publisher, Mar 18, 2017
- “I’m a strong proponent of public education because I’m a product of public education,” said Senator Duckworth. “It’s crucial that every child gets the attention…
Escuelas en Logan Square anuncian que se convertirán en santuario para inmigrantes
- TELEMUNDO CHICAGO, Feb 17, 2017
- "Las escuelas ofrecerán talleres informativos para padres y también para maestros."
Logan Square Schools Are Now 'Sanctuary Zones,' Declares Neighborhood Group
- Mina Bloom, Feb 17, 2017
- “We want to show our students that they are not alone. You are more than a status; you are a human.”
$1,595 For A Studio In Logan Square? New Normal Worries Longtime Residents
- Mina Bloom and Tanveer Ali, Jan 9, 2017
- "I guess I'm confused. Those towers and all of these new developments .... maybe [they're] affordable for a certain demographic, but that's not the demographic that's being displaced..."
Residentes marcharon para construcción de vivienda pública en Logan Square
- Univision, Dec 17, 2016
- Disfrazados como la escena bíblica en que José y María buscan posada para pasar la noche en Belén, residentes de Logan Square se movilizaron para luchar por vivienda…
Buscan dar seguridad a niños de Chicago ante el ‘Efecto Trump’
- Belhú Sanabria, Dec 7, 2016
- "Educan a padres de una escuela en Avondale/Logan Square para que conozcan sus derechos y fomenten la seguridad de los niños frente a políticas y actitudes antiinmigrantes"
CPS says schools will remain open if teachers walk out
- Juan Perez Jr. and Grace WongContact Reporters, Oct 5, 2016
- "Enough of blaming our teachers, enough of making our children's education a political game" said Ana Centeno, a CPS parent and member of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association."
Parent Power: Community Organizing as a Parent Engagement Strategy
- Edgar Villanueva, Vice President of Programs & Advocacy, Jul 19, 2016
- Logan Square Neighborhood Association, Chicago
In 1995, the Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) in Chicago developed a program in conjunction with principals and teachers to engage…
Dual language programs to expand, but fears over money linger
- Kalyn Belsha, Jul 7, 2016
- "Leticia Barrera, a Logan Square Neighborhood Association education organizer, says parents from nine area schools worked for two years, surveying other parents about their interest in dual language…
Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
- Pablo César Soto,, Jun 11, 2016
- Exigen fondos para mantener ‘Padres Mentores’
Más de 600 padres de graduaron el día de hoy del programa Padres Mentores y le exigen a los legisladores que los hagan…
Gentrification how it's affecting residents in Logan Square
- WGN-TV Community, Jun 8, 2016
- ADELANTE-Gentrification how it`s affecting residents in Logan Square
The 606 trail, a study in contrasts, celebrates its first birthday
- Leonor Vivanco, Jun 7, 2016
- "We're at a point where we've lost families, but we don't want to keep losing any more. So I think if we stabilize the amount of property taxes or rent prices to keep everyone where they are right…
Marching against gentrification, Pell grants for dual enrollment, being black at elite high schools, principals’ group election
- Catalyst Chicago, May 20, 2016
- Hundreds marched on Tuesday to protest gentrification in Logan Square along the 606 trail, which they say is contributing to declines in neighborhood school enrollment. "I'm a parent against…
Hundreds March on The 606 Over Gentrification
- Paul Biasco, May 18, 2016
- Hundreds of people marched along The 606 Tuesday night in a protest against gentrification.
The march was organized to draw attention to the rising cost of living along the relatively new trail,…
Marchers take to the 606 trail to protest gentrification
- Leonor Vivanco, May 17, 2016
- The Logan Square Neighborhood Association, a community group which organized the march, offered proposals on how to keep residents from having to move.
“If we’re going to keep working…
Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally.
- Kim Scipes, Apr 3, 2016
- 'Get up, get down, Chicago is a union town!'...Logan Square backs CTU in April 1 events... Parents, students, teachers mobilize at the Logan Square Eagle on the way to downtown rally...
Group protests number of low-income units in planned Lathrop redevelopment
- Dawn RhodesContact Reporter, Mar 21, 2016
- "Groups that included the Chicago Housing Initiative, the Logan Square Neighborhood Association and leaders from several churches rallied at the Lathrop complex at West Diversey Parkway and North…
Lewis to CPS parents: April 1 CTU action ‘like an extra holiday’
- Lauren FitzPatrick, Mar 7, 2016
- “We are all being held hostage by a governor who doesn’t want to work for us,” Lewis told the crowd at the Logan Square Neighborhood Association’s Parent Mentor celebration…
Lessons in learning Tackling educational challenges around the world
- Liz Mineo, Harvard Staff Writer, Feb 1, 2016
- "The example of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association could teach people in Iraq how to increase community engagement and reduce school segregation along ethnic or religious lines."
'We're Strangers in Our Own Land': Protesters Decry Humboldt Park Mansions
- Evan F. Moore, Jan 30, 2016
- "Our taxes are going up and our paychecks are staying the same," said Juan Media, who's lived in Humboldt Park for 30 years. "We will be forced to sell if we haven't been already. My neighbors that…
Anuncio de la Corte Suprema “nos da una esperanza que no teníamos”
- Jaime Reyes, Jan 19, 2016
- La decisión del martes de la Corte fue recibida con beneplácito por residentes y organizaciones pro inmigrantes, aunque otros sectores no la aceptan.
ONXRT Vol 17 Benefits Parent Mentors – Learn More!
- Mary Dixon, Jan 19, 2016
- "They build stronger communities inside and outside of those schools."
Mega Mall Redevelopment Passes Biggest Hurdle
- Paul Biasco and Ted Cox, Dec 17, 2015
- "John McDermott, of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association, argued against the plan. He called affordable housing "the fundamental existential issue" for Logan Square, with "a certain demographic"…
1–25 of 205 items | Next »